Monday, October 29, 2007

Holga Polaroids

In the past week, I have been experimenting with black and white Polaroids taken using my Holga with the Polaroid back. It can produce really great results, but man do I burn a lot of film trying to get the right exposure. Sometimes I almost wish the Holga had better manual controls, but then again thats just part of the charm.


Sign over the Lazy Catfish in Brooklyn - ISO 400

I haven't worked much with Polaroids before, but I must say that I am really impressed with the quality of the 3000 ISO black and white film. Not only is it perfect for night shots, but it seems a lot more forgiving than the 400 ISO exposure wise, which is a big plus on the Holga. It can be very frustrating to burn through 3-4 pictures (at $1 a piece) to get the right exposure, but I do feel like I'm getting better. I can almost nail the exposure on daylight pictures every time now and it feels like I might only have to shoot a pack or two more of the 3000 ISO films before I get comfortable with them.


Toilet wall at Barcade in Brooklyn - ISO 3000

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just got a holgaroid and I'm curious ... what times on the manual "b" shutter you have done that works well and with different lighting?